. . .
. . .
"First Verdict by Khmer Rouge Tribunal Due on Monday"
Reactions to S-21 Duch's Verdict
(AFP, quoting CJR Theary Seng, 9 July 2010)
(CJR Theary Seng on VOA by Luke Hunt, 23 July 2010)
Friday, 23 July 2010, 8 – 11:30 a.m.
Pannasastra University of Cambodia, Norodom Blvd. (cross street 310)
(Top floor Conference Hall, campus south of Independence Monument)
. . . . . . . . . .
Mistress of Ceremony, Ms. CHAP Chandina, CJR Voice of Justice & Reconciliation Radio Manager
8:00 AM Registration / Coffee
Showing HIGHLIGHTS of Duch on Trial weekly series by Khmer Mekong Films
8:25 National Anthem - Mr. KHUON Sethisak, Tenor - confirmed
8:30 Introductory Remarks
- Ms. Theary C. SENG, CIVICUS Cambodia Director and CJR Board President
- Donor Representative: Mr. Gavin Tritt (The Asia Foundation) - confirmed
9:00 Brief introduction of Panel by CJR Ms. Chap Chandina
9:15 OPEN DIALOGUE (Q & A)
Moderators: Ms. Theary C. SENG, CIVICUS Founding Director / CJR Founder; and
Ms. YIM Sotheary, CJR Psycho-social Trauma Support Manager
- Ambassador Andrew MACE - British Ambassador to Cambodia - confirmed
- Professor David CHANDLER - Historian, author of S-21 - confirmed
- Mr. Lars OLSEN, ECCC Public Affairs UN Deputy Chief – confirmed
- Mr. CHHORNG Rong, Acting Chief of ECCC Victims Support Section - confirmed
- Mr. Rob HAMILL - Olympian; Civil Party whose brother was killed (New Zealand) – confirmed
- Dr. MEAS Bora, Legal Officer, ECCC Office of Co-Investigating Judges - confirmed
- Ms. MOM Sokly, actress (Breaking the Silence); playwright, President of Association of Khmer Rouge Victims - confirmed (replaced by her deputy president, Mr. CHEA Theara at the public forum)
- Mr. VAN Nath, Survivor of Tuol Sleng - confirmed
- Mdm. OUM Sophany - prolific writer, member of the Association of Khmer Rouge Victims in Cambodia - confirmed
- Mr. BOU Meng - Survivor of Tuol Sleng - confirmed
- Ms. Michelle StaggsKelsall - Deputy Director, Asian International Justice Initiative- confirmed
11:20 AM Closing Remarks: Mr. SOK Leang, CJR Victims Outreach Manager/ CJR Interim Director
The Public Forum ends promptly at 11:30 as we have promised PUC and we do not want to create an angry, HUNGRY crowd.
Simultaneous and consecutive translation available. CJR Interim Director Mr. SOK Leang will provide consecutive translation. TPO Cambodia will provide 3 counselors available for counseling with any survivors during the duration of the Public Forum. Free Admission, seats availability on first come, first serve basis.
Case Information Sheet on Duch will be distributed / posted on campus and distributed to students and invited survivors several days before the Public Forum Day. On Public Forum day, we invite NGOs, ECCC and other institutions/agencies to make available their publications (particularly on the ECCC) on the table provided for dissemination to the participants.
We wish to express our deep gratitude to Prof. Ray Leos, CJR Governing Board and PUC Dean of Law & Communication and PUC generally for the use of its excellent facility.
We wish to express our deep gratitude to The Asia Foundation and the German Development Service for their moral and financial support of our CJR Public Forums, especially this special July 23 one.
Invited Participants/Audience ( anticipated a full conference hall )
|Pen Sovan's Memoir, K5 Plan; Ieng Thirith Dies; Law of Jungle Symposium; HRRC in Bali; Arrest warrant for opposition Senator, friend Hong Sok Huor; What do the Passover and K-5 Plan have in common?|
Short Autobiography by Pen Sovan "Opposition to K5 Plan" "The idea to establish the K5 Plan came directly from Vietnam. At seven in the morning of 27 March 1981, Mr. Le Duc Tho ឡេ ឌឹកថ, a member of the Central Politburo of the Vietname [ ... ]
|Examples of Unclarity of Khmer Writing; Cognitive Miser Theory; ឲ្យ v. អោយ; Tradition; សូម and សុំ; Punctuation is the KEY to Development|